Sunday, May 22, 2011

Difficulty Paper- Scarlett letter 2

The Scarlet Letter was definitely the hardest book I’ve read in a while. The problem was just that the language was difficult to understand and it seemed like there were a lot of sentences that didn’t seem like they really needed to be there, which just made the story longer. Another problem was that there were parts of the story where it was really boring and that definitely made it harder to read. When we first started to read this book, I started to read the introduction, The Custom House, and that was where I knew this what kind of story this was going to be. Once I got into the first scene though, I thought it was interesting. I could understand what was going on in the first scene. I guess my problem is that I need there to be action and also dialogue. I understand stories a lot more when the characters are actually talking, probably just because there is a lot more action. 

1 comment:

  1. Excellent work on your blog and it was a pleasure to have you in the class Jesus!

    ReplyDelete