Saturday, February 5, 2011

week 1 prompt 1

Sonny is a very smart kid who realizes everything that’s going on around him. I have feeling that he is going to get curious about the other tenants in the apartment, just like he has about Pink and Cindy, and he will probably get into some trouble. Just like when Cloyd got mad when he realized that Pink was selling a car to an African American man, but was kind of getting mad at Sonny like if he was part of it. I think Sonny also might get with Cindy because she seems very flirtatious and Sonny seems to really like her, especially after the way he was talking about her when they had their conversation in her apartment. 
Sonny’s mom and Cloyd don’t seem like the happiest couple in the world. It just seems like Sonny’s mom is just with him for the money because she never talks about him as a husband, but as a person who is getting them stuff that they want. For example, Sonny said he wanted to go to Notre Dame, and even though he doesn’t really want to, it seems like Cloyd wouldn’t mind sending him there. Also, Sonny’s mom doesn’t have to work anymore, all she does now is stay home and “cook” as Sonny would say. For these reasons, I think that Sonny’s mom won’t stay with Cloyd forever. Sonny thinks that this is true also because he is always saying that the reason he isn’t trying to make friends is because he knows that he and his mom won’t be living there for a long time. 
Sonny’s curiosity has almost gotten him into trouble with Cloyd and I think it might get him into more trouble especially now that Cloyd has Sonny going around to all of the apartments to do all of the cleaning on the window screens. I think that as he meets more people in the apartment, he will probably be getting into more trouble. I think that the twins might get him into some trouble too because even though Sonny says that they’re nerds or whatever, i think they are trouble makers just based on the stuff they say, like when they were talking about the girls in Sonny’s apartment and how they were asking Sonny if they had big chests or bottoms and stuff like that. I think that just by the way they have been talking so far, they will probably convince Sonny to do stuff, especially since they are his only friends and probably will be his only ones. I also think that Cindy might get him into some trouble to because she seems like someone without any cares so she might get Sonny to do some things that aren’t necessarily good because in the back of the book it says that Cindy is druggie who is married and bored so there might be some drugs that she’ll tell Sonny to try, especially since Sonny likes her and is a very curious kid.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your blog. I did not read the back of the book until after I read your blog and I saw that part where it talks about Cindy, so I think that is really interesting. I agree that I think he is going to get into trouble but I feel like he is one of those guys where maybe it is part of his curiosity but I also I feel like situations just come to him too, so i think that on top of his curiosity "wrong place at the wrong time" will play a part in getting him in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with what you said about sonny's character. He's very smart and very perceptive of his surroundings. Being that perceptive is probably going to make him curious about the other tenants. I got the same feeling that he might hook up with Cindy since they talked in her apartment and she was very flirtatious. I didnt read the back of the book. I dont kow why I didnt till you mentioned it. I think its a pretty good assumption that Cindy might try to get him to take drugs.

    ReplyDelete